But what is cut-off design? What’s the point? How should I do?
The top of the home page is a crucial place to encourage users to go further. Cut-off design is therefore the art of control the visible part when you arrive on the home page.
- Place eye-catching calls to action.
- Avoid lines horizontal and other graphic elements that give the impression of « off screen ».
- Also avoid large voids. The user may believe that the page is complete.
- Use Visual elements which lead to discover content.
- Integrate a photo straddles the line of buoyancy can induce the user to place the page.
However, attention to the screen sizes that vary widely. It is difficult to determine this line of buoyancy.